Explore alcohol ink and its application in painting to create a one-of-a-kind fluid animal-inspired print on Yupo paper. Students will utilize inks to mimic the effect of watercolor in bold and vivid colors, as well as drawing and line work to emphasize the properties of their elephant subject. Students will be experimenting with ink application and will leave with a basic understanding of how to pursue the medium further.
Please note: Select your alcohol ink set colors in the drop down menu before adding the class to your cart. Local Pick-up will be at Rochester Brainery on February 26 from 3pm-7pm.
Additional Supplies Needed:
- 70% or higher rubbing alcohol
- non-absorbent surface/board to attach paper to
- cotton products: q-tips and/or cotton pads
- paper towel
- artist tape/blue painter's tape
- plastic table cloth to cover surface (any non-absorbent material will work)
- recommended: hair dryer or embossing heat tool
- recommended: air duster/ blower
- optional: additional alcohol ink colors (recommended brands: Ranger Tim Holtz, Jacquard Pinata Colors, 0.5 oz. bottles)
This class is appropriate for ages 14+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links to Zoom classes will be sent out 1 hour prior to the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the Teacher:
Laura Cott is artist + owner of LaCott Fine Art living and working in Western New York. Cott’s art is driven by natural surroundings and the visual storytelling of the interaction of light, line, and color. She works primarily with paint and non-traditional materials.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.