Learn how to make doughy pillows of love and joy, otherwise known as pierogi! Start by making the dough, then you will work through each step of the process to completion, following a demonstration by the instructor. At the end of class the pierogi is ready to be enjoyed!
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 eggs
- 4 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2.5 lb. russet or yukon potatoes, peeled and cooked until soft in salted water
- 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (the instructor recommends extra sharp)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 onion, diced and cooked until translucent with 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- additional 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- measuring cups and spoons
- fork, butter knife, spoons
- 2 mixing bowls - 1 large and 1 small
- 1 stock pot for potatoes
- 1 potato masher (or electric hand mixer)
- rolling pin (or wine bottle in a pinch)
- plastic wrap
- cookie sheet or casserole dish
- parchment paper or tin foil
- cooking spray
- optional: stand mixer with dough hook for kneading
Please note: In order to follow along with the instructor, please ensure you have the ingredients and equipment ready. Potatoes and onions are to be cooked prior to class.
Age:This class is appropriate for ages 14+.Location:
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links to Zoom classes are sent out 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
Live subtitles will be available upon request during this class. If you prefer a sign language interpreter, please fill out our contact form. Please also let us know if you have any preferences (seating, vision access, etc).About the teacher: Anna Vos was taught to make pierogi by her Polish grandmother, and has been making them for over two decades. Anna is a feeder of people and currently a stay-at-home-mom. She lives in the Highland Park neighborhood with her husband and 2 children.For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.