Bagels are made from just a few simple ingredients — and they are fun to make too! Join us in a family-friendly class that the kiddos can enjoy, too. Students are welcome to cook along with the online demo so they can enjoy a snack or delicious Saturday lunch!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 ¼ c warm water
- 3 ½ c all-purpose or bread flour + a little bowl with extra
- oil (whatever you have on hand)
- optional toppings: caraway seeds, cinnamon sugar, coarse salt, minced fresh garlic, minced fresh onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, or a mix of your favorite flavors (Ooh, do you have Trader Joe's "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning? You could use it for a bagel!)
- pastry brush
- large bowl
- damp towel
- baking tray
- pot with water for boiling
This class is appropriate for ages 14+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Christin Ortiz has been working in restaurants since she was 19. Starting in the front of the house, she realized early on she preferred the back of the house. Having worked in different kitchens, she is most proficient in Italian and Hispanic cuisine. Most recently Christin ran the food program at Joe Bean Roastery, where she focused the menu on her Latin-American heritage. She loves sharing her passion for food, and wants everyone to be able to cook the food they crave!
For details on our class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs. For details on our COVID-19 policy, please visit this link.