Explore alcohol ink and its application in painting to create a one of a kind abstract painting study. In this class, students will utilize inks to mimic the effect of watercolor in bold and vivid colors in an organic and fluid painting style. Students will experiment with ink application, blending and color mixing on the surface of the painting to create lush backgrounds and will leave with a basic understanding of how to further pursue the medium. Students will be working on small practice exercises, and then on a final finished board. Please note: Select your alcohol ink set colors in the drop down menu before adding the class to your cart. Please fill out this Google form with your name and shipping address by Friday, November 13th to receive your supply kit in time for class.
Equipment Needed in Addition to Kit:
- Cotton products: q-tips and cotton pads
- Paper towel
- Plastic table cloth to cover surface (any non absorbent material will work)
- Hair dryer or embossing heat tool
- Optional: artist tape/blue painters tape
- Optional: additional alcohol ink colors (Recommended Brands: Ranger Tim Holtz additional colors, Jacquard- Pinata Colors, 0.5 oz bottles)Age:The recommended age for this class is 16+.Location:
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent by 9am the day of the class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.About the teacher: Laura Cott is artist + owner of LaCott Fine Art living and working in Western New York. Cott’s art is driven by natural surroundings and the visual storytelling of the interaction of light, line, and color. She works primarily with paint and non-traditional materials. For details on our class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.