Explore alcohol ink and its application in painting to create a one of a kind fluid floral print on Yupo paper. Students will utilize inks to mimic the effect of watercolor in bold and vivid colors drawn from the holiday season's florals and color themes. They will also practice drawing and line work to emphasize the properties of a flower. Students will be experimenting with ink application and will leave with a basic understanding of how to pursue the medium further.
Please note: Please fill out this Google form by Saturday, December 12th to receive your supply kit in time for class.
Equipment Needed in Addition to Kit:
About the teacher
- 70% or Higher Rubbing Alcohol
- Non-absorbent surface/board to attach paper too
- Cotton products: q-tips and cotton pads
- Paper Towel
- Artist Tape/Blue Painters Tape
- Plastic Table Cloth to cover surface (any non absorbent material will work)
- Recommended: Air Duster/ Blower
- Recommended: Hairdryer or Embossing Heat Tool
- Optional: additional alcohol ink colors (Recommended Brands: Ranger Tim Holtz additional colors, Jacquard- Pinata Colors, 0.5 oz bottles)
This class is appropriate for ages 14+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links to Zoom classes will be sent out 1 hour prior to the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
:Laura Cott is artist + owner of LaCott Fine Art living and working in Western New York. Cott’s art is driven by natural surroundings and the visual storytelling of the interaction of light, line, and color. She works primarily with paint and non-traditional materials.
For details on our class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs
. For details on our COVID-19 policy, please visit this link.