Thinking about sitting in a cozy cafe, sipping a toasty beverage with a delectable scone? In this class, students will learn how to make lavender blueberry, mocha cappuccino, and maple walnut (or pecan) scones from the comfort of their home. Each student will make nine mouthwatering, bakery-style scones with an accompanying favored glaze. Students will learn essential baking skills such as kneading and glazing, creative flavor combinations, and helpful tips for a successful bake.
Please note: Students should preheat their ovens to 425°F at the beginning of class.
- 5 c. flour
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter just out of the fridge
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ c. milk
- ⅓ c. blueberries
- ⅓ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ c. pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 2 tsp. brewed espresso (may substitute brewed strong coffee)
- 2 tsp. local maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lavender syrup (Available on Amazon; Monin, Torani, or similar brand recommended)
- gluten-free baking flour
Lactose-Free and Vegan Substitutions:
- almond/coconut/oat milk
- Earth Balance vegan butter sticks
- unsweetened applesauce (1 egg to ¼ c. applesauce)
- measuring cups and a large mixing spoon
- forks, butter knives, sharp knife, and spoons
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- 3 small mixing bowls
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper (optional)
- food processor (optional)
This class is appropriate for ages 14+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Bobbie Gluck's love for baking was inspired originally by a Greek bakeshop in her hometown of Plattsburgh. She traveled Europe as a young woman, studying in Salamanca, Spain, exploring the flavors of bakeries in Spain, France, Italy, and more. She baked professionally for 25 years in a small town bakery. Bobbie now enjoys raising her children, flower farming, baking for pleasure for family and friends, and spending time in creative pursuits at her farmhouse on the westside of Rochester.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.