Thinking about sitting in a cozy cafe, sipping a toasty beverage with a delectable scone? In this class, students will learn how to make lavender blueberry, mocha cappuccino, and maple walnut (or pecan) scones from the comfort of their home. Each student will make nine mouthwatering, bakery-style scones with an accompanying favored glaze. Students will learn essential baking skills such as kneading and glazing, creative flavor combinations, and helpful tips for a successful bake.
Please note: Students should preheat their ovens to 425 degrees at the beginning of class.
- 5 c. flour
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 2 c. confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter (just out of the fridge)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ c. milk
- ⅓ c. blueberries
- ⅓ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ c. pecans or walnuts (may omit if allergic)
- 2 tsp brewed espresso (may substitute for brewed strong coffee)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lavender syrup (Available on Amazon; Monin, Torani or similar brand recommended)
- gluten-free baking flour
Lactose-free and Vegan substitutions:
- almond/ coconut/ oat milk
- earth balance vegan butter sticks
- unsweetened applesauce (1 egg to ¼ c. applesauce)
- measuring cups and a large mixing spoon
- forks, butter knives, sharp knife, and spoons
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- 3 small mixing bowls
- 1 baking sheet
- Optional: parchment paper
- Optional: food processor
This class is appropriate for ages 10+ with parent supervision.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Bobbie Gluck’s love for baking was inspired originally by a Greek bakeshop in her hometown of Plattsburgh, NY. She traveled Europe as a young woman, exploring the flavors of bakeries in Paris, France, Spain, and more. She explored her love for flavors through baking professionally for 25 years. Bobbie now enjoys flower farming, baking for pleasure, and spending time in creative pursuits at her farmhouse on the westside of Rochester.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.