Imagine sitting on the porch, enjoying a beautiful homemade fruit trifle for brunch on a sunny spring day with family or friends. In this class, students will learn how to make fruit trifle customized with their three favorite fruits and composed of homemade pound cake and whipped cream. Students are encouraged to cook along with the online demonstration.
Please note: At the start of class, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 3 types of fresh or canned fruit (example: 1 qt. strawberries, 1 qt. blueberries, and a 20 oz. can of peaches with syrup drained)
- 3 c. flour
- 2 ½ c. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 sticks butter at room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. milk
- 1 qt. of heavy cream (for homemade whip cream) or a large 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 package vanilla pudding, 4.6 oz.
- trifle dish or large serving dish (taller versus wider)
- measuring cups and spoons
- rubber spatula
- knife for cutting fruit
- 2 loaf pans
- 2 medium size mixing bowls
- 1 small mixing bowl for cooling pudding
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- small saucepan (2 qt. for pudding)
- cutting board
This class is appropriate for ages 14+ with parent supervision with oven, stove, and cutting fruit.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Bobbie Gluck's love for baking was inspired originally by a Greek bakeshop in her hometown of Plattsburgh. She traveled Europe as a young woman, studying in Salamanca, Spain, exploring the flavors of bakeries in Spain, France, Italy, and more. She baked professionally for 25 years in a small town bakery. Bobbie now enjoys raising her children, flower farming, baking for pleasure for family and friends, and spending time in creative pursuits at her farmhouse on the westside of Rochester.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.