Want to get out of your head and make something meaningful while repurposing everyday items around your home? This class will help you find a way to not only create eco-friendly repurposed art, but also get out of your head and make something beautifully meaningful. On a canvas or substrate, such as a wood panel, students will be painting and collaging in ways that feel good to them and bring about a real freedom of mind and spirit. The goal is to walk away feeling as though you have a new mindfulness tool as well as insight to use in difficult times or moments of quiet reflection.
Please note: Since this class involves painting, students are advised to use a drop cloth and to wear old clothes and an apron.
- 11x15" canvas made for oil or acrylic paint, or wood panel or other substrate (different size canvas also work but the canvas should not be smaller than 11x15")
- a few jars of house paint samples in your favorite colors or any house or acrylic-based art paint you have around the house
- paint brushes
- old magazines (to save time and give you some direction for your piece, cut out some words or images that inspire you)
- water bucket
- paper towels or rags
- items that can make patterns and drawing shapes (like bubble wrap, old keys, expired credit cards/plastic gift cards, stamps, crayons, pastels, markers, ink, brayer, lids, sponge brushes, old toothbrushes, twigs, leaves, shells, droppers, etc)
- blow dryer to help layers dry faster
The recommended age for this class is 13+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links to Zoom classes will be sent out by 5pm the day of the class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Lisa Wagner, a lifelong resident of Greece, has been teaching art classes and workshops for 20 plus years and truly enjoys watching her students discover the joys of creativity. She has been in national watercolor shows, various local art shows and has a studio in the Anderson Arts Building. Her hope is to give people a slice of joy while they delve into their creative brain. It can be so freeing and a wonderful stress relief!
For details on our class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.