Escape to Positano, Italy as you enjoy a refreshing summer dessert. Join this online class to learn how a traditional Italian dessert is transformed into a lemon lover's delight, and makes the perfect ending to a meal. MOLTO BENE!
- 3/4 c. limoncello
- 1/2 c. sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 lb. strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 c. mascarpone cheese
- 1 c. lemon curd (divided)
- 1 package Savoiardi ladyfingers (about 24 cookies)
- 1/4 c. white chocolate, shaved
- small saucepan
- dry measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- bowl large enough to hold the strawberries
- bowl large enough to hold mixture of mascarpone, 3/4 c. of lemon curd, and heavy cream
- hand mixer
- parfait or wine glasses (about 6)
- vegetable peeler
- room in the refrigerator to chill mascarpone, lemon curd, and heavy cream mixture
Please note: In order to follow along with the instructor, please ensure you have the ingredients and equipment ready. At this time, gluten-free and vegan options are unavailable for this class.
This class is appropriate for ages 21+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
Live subtitles will be available upon request during this class. If you would like to request a sign language interpreter, or will be attending class with an aide please fill out our contact form. Please also let us know if you have any preferences (seating, vision access, etc).
About the teacher:
MaryAnne Quatrano-Holleran was a classroom teacher for 34 years and she has put her teaching skills together with her love of cooking Italian (her heritage) food. She has taught a monthly Italian cooking class for 10 years, as well as in-home cooking classes. MaryAnne has also appeared on the FoodNetwork! Her skills and recipes have been passed down to her from her Nonna and she has also taken private cooking classes in Sorrento, Florence and Siena.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.