This one day "crash course" is designed to give students the knowledge and confidence needed to start working with this fun, but challenging metal joining process. The knowledgeable, motivated, and inspirational instructors use a proven combination of lecture and hands-on training in the modern facility. All equipment is well-maintained, state-of-the art, and easy to operate. No need to be intimidated if you have never welded before – Arc + Flame Staff has experience training thousands of beginning welding students of all ages, genders and walks of life!
Topics Covered Include:
- Welder Safety
- Survey of other common welding processes
- The TIG welding process
- TIG Equipment: Component descriptions
- Setting the controls for the metal to be welded
- Tungsten types and proper sharpening techniques
- TIG filler metal and shielding gases
- Demonstrations of MIG and stick welding and plasma cutting (time permitting)Please Note: Make sure to wear close-toed sneakers or boots, jeans and a cotton t-shirt. Please don't wear flip-flops, open toed shoes or highly flammable clothing. To ensure the best possible class experience for all students, please contact Arc + Flame Center prior to class if you any have concerns with your vision, hearing, hand dexterity or mental health. Breakfast snacks and lunch will be provided.
This class is appropriate for ages 14+.
This class will take place at Arc + Flame Center, located at 125 Fedex Way, Rochester NY.
About the teacher:
The Rochester Arc + Flame Center (RocAFC) is an 11,000 square-foot training facility designed specifically for welding, glass working and blacksmithing. The mission of RocAFC is to foster exciting and innovative classes for people of all skill levels. Rochester Arc + Flame Center is the only training facility in upstate New York to offer professional and recreational classes in welding, glass working and blacksmithing. Since 2012, over 12,000 students have taken classes at the Rochester Arc + Flame Center.
For details about our refund and class cancellation policy, visit our FAQs.