*Updated on January 31, 2021*
As we continue to follow COVID-19 developments both locally and around the globe, we wanted to address a few changes we'll be making as a small business— particularly one where people come together to learn and share in special events.
In accordance with NYS guidelines we have:
- Installed a barrier on our front desk to separate guests and employees.
- Placed 6ft distancing markers on the ground in common areas.
- Set up touch-less hand sanitizer stations throughout the space.
- Made masks available to all employees, who will be required to wear them at all times.
- Created a cleaning log that will document the date, time, and scope of cleaning and disinfection.
- While not mandated or proven to stop the spread of COVID-19, we have installed an iWave-C system and MERV-13 filter.
Student, teacher, and staff safety is extremely important to us. We will be limiting sizes, practicing social distancing, and requiring masks at all times. We also ask that anyone attending an in-person class, whether outside or indoors, please read and sign our COVID-19 Informational Guide + Waiver. This Informational Guide + Waiver will be sent to you within 24 hours of the class start time. A sample can be found here. This waiver will not be necessary for online class attendees.
With that said, the current guidelines could change at anytime. Should a class not be able to happen in-person due to COVID-19, we will do our best to bring the class online. If bringing a class online is not possible, we will reach out to you via email and phone, to notify you of your options:
- The option for a credit, in the form of a gift card.
- The option to receive a refund.
We ask that you please kindly respond to our email or phone call as soon as possible, or send us an email to email@example.com if you don't believe you've received anything.
Please note: Anyone that we have not heard back from by December 31, 2020 will automatically be issued a a credit, in the form of a gift card, to be used for a future class.
Now that the Finger Lakes Region is in Phase 4, we are able to host indoor events such as bridal showers, baby showers, meetings and more at a 50% of our typical fire code capacity, up to 50 guests.
For Rochester Brainery, that means we can have no more than 22 guests in our Gallery Room and 30 guests in our Green Room, or a total of no more than 50 guests should events utilize both rooms.
In accordance with NYS guidelines we are asking events:
- To work with one of our approved and insured caterers to ensure all food service guidelines are being followed. More information about these guideline can be found here and here.
- To work with Rochester Brainery and it's event staff to help meet all COVID-19 guidelines.
- For all attendees to complete our Informational Guide + Waiver.
Prior to your event, group tours will only be permitted for members of the same household or party, up to 3 guests.
With that said, the current guidelines could change at anytime. We will be working to follow any additional NYS Guidelines as they are released.
We are currently open for curbside pick-up and in-store shopping: Wednesday through Friday from 4pm-7pm, Saturday from 10pm-5pm. For orders of $25+, free, local delivery is available each Friday between 9am-5pm. Shop online here.
In The Meantime
In the meantime, lots of people have asked about other ways they can help us during this time + we 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 appreciate that. "Re-opening" doesn't mean back-to-normal for our small business and many other businesses.
There are a few ways you can help, aside from attending a class or purchasing from our shop:
✔️ Purchase a gift card.
✔️ If you have the means, consider switching into a new class or receiving a class credit instead of a refund.
✔️ Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram + share a post and tweet or two!
✔️ Leave us a review on the platform of your choice.
With all that said, thank you for reading to the bottom, for sticking around with us, and for following along. When Rochester Brainery opened seven years ago, we did so with the goal of bringing the community together to share in experiences. While everyone's health and safety is of the utmost importance, we look forward to being able to share those experiences with you again soon. 💙
Owner, Rochester Brainery