*Updated on July, 23, 2020*
As we continue to follow COVID-19 developments both locally and around the globe, we wanted to address a few changes we'll be making as a small business— particularly one where people come together to learn and share in special events.
Student and staff safety is extremely important to us. We will require anyone attending an outdoor class to read and sign our COVID-19 Informational Guide + Waiver. This guide and waiver, which will be specific to the class, will be sent to you within 24 hours of the class start time. A sample can be found here. This waiver will not be required for online class attendees.
If you are currently registered for an indoor class through July 31, 2020, we will do our best to offer that class online or outside and notify you if the new location as soon as possible. If we are still unable to hold the class, or if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date, you will receive the following options:
- The option to switch into a future session
- The option for a credit, in the form of a gift card, to be used for a future class
- The option to receive a refund
While we hope to resume indoor classes August, we know that may not be a possibility. We will do our best to update you on any further changes to our class schedule as soon as we can.
Now that the Finger Lakes Region is in Phase 4, we have confirmed directly with Empire State Development that we are able to host indoor events such as bridal showers, baby showers, meetings and more at a 50% capacity, up to 50 guests (exclusive of employees).
For Rochester Brainery, that means we can have no more than 22 guests in our Gallery Room and 30 guests in our Green Room, or a total of no more than 50 guests should events utilize both rooms.
In accordance with NYS guidelines we have:
- Installed a barrier on our front desk to separate guests and employees.
- Placed 6ft distancing markers on the ground in common areas.
- Set up touch-less hand sanitizer stations throughout the space.
- Made masks available to all employees, who will be required to wear them at all times.
- Created logs to track both employee temperature as well as a cleaning log that will document the date, time, and scope of cleaning and disinfection.
While not mandated or proven to stop the spread of COVID-19, we have also installed an iWave-C system.
In accordance with NYS guidelines we are asking events:
- To work with one of our approved and insured caterers to ensure all food service guidelines are being followed. More information about these guideline can be found here and here.
- To work with Rochester Brainery and it's event staff to help meet all COVID-19 guidelines.
- To limit group tours to members of the same household or party, up to 3 guests.
- To complete our Informational Guide and Event Waiver within 24 hours of the start of the event.
Prior to your event, group tours will only be permitted for members of the same household or party, up to 3 guests.
Please note that these guidelines could change or be added to at any time. We will be working to follow any additional NYS Guidelines as they are released and work with Empire State Development to provide clarification.
While our location is not open for shopping, we have made all of the local items in our shop available for purchase online. We are currently offering curbside pick-up each Thursday between 3pm-7pm. For orders of $25+, free, local delivery is available as well! Deliveries will be made on Fridays between 9am-5pm.
In The Meantime
In the meantime, lots of people have asked how they can help us during this time + we 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 appreciate that. Re-opening doesn't mean back-to-normal for our small business and many other businesses.
There are a few ways you can help, aside from attending a class or purchasing from our shop:
✔️ Purchase a gift card.
✔️ Become a member.
✔️ If you have the means, consider switching into a new class or receiving a class credit instead of a refund.
✔️ Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram + share a post and tweet or two!✔️ Leave us a review on the platform of your choice.
With all that said, thank you for reading to the bottom, for sticking around with us, and for following along. When Rochester Brainery opened seven years ago, we did so with the goal of bringing the community together to share in experiences. While everyone's health and safety is of the utmost importance, we look forward to being able to share those experiences with you again, in person, soon. 💙
Owner, Rochester Brainery
Please note that since we do not have regular business hours at our location, we will not be checking our voicemail. Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding classes.