Pour the Living Roots wine and learn how to decorate cakes like a pro with someone special! In this basic cake decorating class, students will learn the proper way to fill a cake, as well as the best way to frost it. This class will also review several different ways to decorate cake. At the end of class, students will have a fully decorated cake and the knowledge of how to decorate cake with buttercream frosting.
Please note: Wine will not be provided, however students will receive a 10% off discount code to Living Roots. Students will need to pick up a supply kit from Scratch Bakeshop, located at 41 Russell St, Rochester, NY 14607 on February 9th or February 10th between 10am-3pm. Please choose from regular, vegan, gluten-free, or vegan/gluten-free cake in the drop down menu when purchasing.
Additional Kitchen Equipment Needed:
- offset/cake spatula or butter knife
- food coloring (Scratch Bakeshop uses Americolor gel)
- bowls and spoons for mixing colors into the frosting
- piping tips (an assortment of star and round tips, tip #104 and a flower nail if interested in making buttercream flowers)
- piping bags
- room in freezer for cake to help set frosting
- optional: sprinkles (can be used for decoration!)
- optional: cake turntable (not needed but there will be a demonstration on how to use one)
This class is appropriate for all ages, although anyone under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Scratch Bakeshop is a local boutique bakery, located on Russell Street in Rochester, NY.
For details on our COVID-19 policies, class cancellation policy, parking, and more please visit our FAQs.